You can also make a positive impact on your health, the environment, and global human rights every day through your purchases, lifestyle choices, and lobbying efforts. Consider joining these local, community-led efforts to support national and global causes.
This local campaign to support a national Fair Food Program to ensure the human rights of farm workers. First launched by the Coalition of Immokalee Workers in 2011 the campaign boycotted Burger King, McDonalds, Walmart, Publix, Taco Bell, and Whole Foods, forcing them to signed on to ensure humane wages and working conditions for the workers who pick fruits and vegetables on participating farms.. Former President Bill Clinton said the effort was, “brilliant … You’ve got a success model, and you ought to put the pedal to the metal…”
We are working to get Wendy’s to sign on to efforts instead of importing tomatoes from Mexico. Learn more at the National Boycott Website.
The Responsible Consumer website includes information on:
– Calendar of over 100 upcoming Direct Actions, Trainings, and Meetings
– Over 100 products and companies to promote and boycott
– Over a 100 national & local campaigns covering over 100 issues
– Links to 100s of resources and organizations making a difference
– Lists of credible and non credible news sources for all political views
– Inspiration to keep on fighting
A local resource for improved animal welfare options for the greater Washington, DC area